Monday 10 June 2013

Who should take command?

I finally got the patterns for the Cookie Sock Club 2013. I was grinning when I saw the names: Spock and Tiberius. I wish I had the proper colours to match the uniform. I did go looking on the Sweet Georgia Yarn site to see what they had and I found it: Saffron for the Command Gold and Oceanside for Science Officer Blue. However with times bein as they are, I have to make do with what I have in my stash.

I'm actually re-thinking the idea of using this month's yarn in a blood orange and instead using two skeins of Tanis in Sunshine (because I don't actually have any kind of gold colour in my stash) for the Tiberius socks and Cobalt for the Vulcan socks. Maybe I can also tinge the Sunshine to get it to be a bit more gold...ideas... I just have never over dyed someone else's yarn before. Must do some research.

However, before I do all of this, I have to finish the toes on the Tulip socks. I need my 1.5US DPNs.

No comments:

Post a Comment