Wednesday 12 June 2013

To JulNo or not to JulNo

I got an email this morning reminding me that JulNo was coming up...I will admit it didn't even come to my mind at all but as the day progressed, I was starting to think that if I was going to do JulNo, what was I going to write about?

Going Back About Thirty Years
I woke up to a dream that I had gone about 30 years into the past. I was aware of it however the whole scifi idea of not letting anyone else know kept me from informing anyone. I don't know where this one was going but in my dream, I told Michael Jackson that Thriller was going to be a big hit.

One of those people
Breanna Sutton in the midst of 'in love' people while being single.

60 years too late
A scifi/fantasy story that I had started a couple of years back. This would be a rewrite from scratch with the same characters and an improved plot point. Main Character - Ryan Bellamy

Year One
One school year of a group of friends at a boarding school running from grade 7 to grade 12. I am very much leaning towards this one. It could easily go well past 50k. The problem would be the cohesiveness of the story. When I say there are a lot of characters, there are a lot.

Backpedal
After I wrote this one out, I realized that this could easily be incorporated into Year One, so it will be.

Just Give Me a Reason
This would be a songfic that would take place many years after Year One. Some of the characters would be crossing over. As much as I LOVE this one, I don't think that it would work as a 50k story.

The next question after all of this is whether or not to do this by hand or online. I got my netbook but it's noticeable slow. My computer is just not convenient right now. Maybe a notebook or a note pad and try to update the typed document once a week or so. Not looking forward to the hand cramps.

No comments:

Post a Comment