Friday 8 November 2013

Day 4 of 30 Days of Knitting Challenge

Day 4: How did you learn how to knit?
I learned to knit on some holiday from school around the time I was 8 or so. Those were the time that I went to work with my dad. His job was apparently so undemanding that he would read the news paper from beginning to end, do crosswords and apparently, knit. On one of these such days, he started to teach me. I really don't remember much of what happened. I just know that for sure, I learned to knit, purl and cast on. I did decently well enough but I don't remember what I knit.

Most people are very surprised when they find out that it's my dad who taught me to knit, and not my mother or grandmothers. My mother can barely sew on a button and she can bake and cook with the best of them. One of my grandmothers could crochet but she lived in New York and I was still residing in Toronto. My other grandmother cooked and did some baking as well. No crafting skills from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment