Wednesday 6 November 2013

Day 2 of 30 Day Knitting Challenge

<<DAY 1
Day 2: What is currently on your needles?

There is way too much on my needles but my most active projects at least for the past week have been:

Three of these patterns are coming along nicely.  I'm about half way through the scarf for Thaniel.  I'm practically finished the knitting portion of the Daybreak Shawl and I'm on the toes for the first sock of the Istanbul Socks for my aunt.

The Circe Socks were going well up until last night at the Knitting Circle.  The foot portion of the pattern was very, VERY off and I could not figure out how to fix it correctly.  So I ripped the entire thing out.  Didn't have any qualms about it.  I love the yarn and I love the pattern and I want the socks to be done correctly.  The problem was that I wasn't at home using my own ball winder.  I was using the one from the library that someone had "lovingly" donated it (after working with the thing, I believe the person wanted to get rid of it and not just throw it in the garbage).  I decided that I wanted to re-cake the yarn.  The ball winder decided it wanted to eat it instead.  With the help of the Library Co-ordinator and a screwdriver, I won the battle and freed my lovely Anzula Squishy yarn from the clutches of the evil ball winder.

Last night, I could not bother myself to cast on again so I picked up the Istanbul socks and make quite a bit of progress on that instead.

I cast on the Circe socks at a later date in the same yarn and hopefully, in full length.

DAY 3>>

No comments:

Post a Comment