Thursday 14 November 2013

Day 10 of 30 Days of Knitting

Day 10: Do you have a favorite pattern or designer?

This is an easy question.  I've got 2 favourite designers: Cookie A. and Stephen West.

Cookie was my first introduction to sock knitting.  Everyone starts out with stockinette socks.  My sock teacher printed out a copy of the Monkey socks from Knitty.com and I got to work.  If I'm ever wanting to do any pair of socks, I always pull out on of Cookie's books and start knitting a pair.  As it is known from previous entries, I joined the Cookie A. Sock Club 2013 and I have loved every minute of it.  Unfortunately, as far as I know, I cannot join for 2014.  If I do happen to be able to afford it, I'm going to join for 2014.


List of patterns I've knit by Cookie:

Monkey from Knitty.com
BFF from Knit. Sock. Love.
Lissajous from Knit. Sock. Love.
Wanida from Sock Innovation
Newton from 2013 Sock Club
Ernie from 2013 Sock Club
Tulip from 2913 Sock Club
Pirouette from 2013 Sock Club
Bex from Sock Innovation
Tiberius from 2013 Sock Club
Spock from 2013 Sock Club
Mona from Knit. Sock. Love.
Istanbul from 2013 Sock Club
Circe from 2013 Sock Club

I think that definitely shows my love of Cookie A. patterns.


Stephen West is a much newer designer to me.  I've only knit 3 of his patterns but I've got a lot more that I'd like to do.  


List of patters I've knit by Stephen:

Earth & Sky
Daybreak
Meadowbrook Scarf from Westknits Book One

No comments:

Post a Comment