Friday 15 November 2013

Day 11 of 30 Day Knitting Challenge

Day 11: Do you have a “Knitter Hero” or someone that is just way too awesome for their own good? Do share!

I do have a couple of people; one of which I talk about on the blog frequently. 

T is short for Tanya. She's the one who really got me back into knitting. Because of her, I joined a knitting circle, met a lot of other knitters and discovered my love of sock knitting. She got me into Cookie A. patterns and the sock club. And let's not forget Ravelry. I can never thank her enough for introducing me into this knitting world.

The other person who's my knitting hero also goes to the knitting circle. Her name is Claudine. She knits everything for everyone and she's one of the most helpful people I've ever known. She actually helped me with my first pair of socks.

I was knitting with DPNs for the first time. They were metal ones and slipping off the socks all the time. Claudine took her time and to show me how to get everything working. I still hadn't gotten it by the end of knitting circle. She took it home and brought it back the next week with the first pattern repeat done. By the time I was ready to do the second sock, I was able to do it by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment