Saturday 14 June 2014

Year of Projects: Week 48


I actually started to frog another project; not any sock projects but the Annisette Cardi from almost 2 years ago. I still have no idea what I'm going to do with the yarn. It's KnitPicks Wool of the Andes in the colourway Hyacinth. Lovely colour but not it doesn't feel soft at all to me.

I mostly worked on my Stitch Surfer socks. I tried the Fish Lips Kiss Heel...guess what?


I really like it! It actually looks quite pretty and it's pretty easy to do once you do it.


And it's World Cup time. I have always wanted to watch the series from beginning to end. I was looking for a World Cup project to work on; perhaps a shawl of some sort. I knew which one I was going to work on too. I went looking for my 4US circular needles. I knew I had one in a project but I was certain that I had one in the package. Much to my dismay, it was actually from my interchangeable set. I put them back to where they were supposed to be. Instead of starting a shawl, I picked up my Shapely Boyfriend cardigan. 


I think it's about time I work on finishing it. I only have a few more rows of ribbing in the bottom. Next it's the sleeves and button flaps.

9 comments:

  1. Your socks are looking great - I love the sound of the flog and will try it one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! Just a quick question: What is the flog?

      Delete
  2. Your socks are looking great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have more patience than me .. I can barely sit through one soccer game, never mind more than that! The yarn looks very snuggly for shapely boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah well, I was not aware of all of the properties of the yarn before I purchased it online. I was looking for a superwash merino in a worsted weight. That's what the label said it was so I ordered it. AFTER I started the Shapely Boyfriend Cardigan, I looked on Ravelry and was informed that despite the labeling, it is common knowledge that Cascade 220 feels more like a DK weight...and since I never do swatches, I didn't make adjustments for it.

      Delete
  4. Your socks are awesome and it's too bad about your sweater and that yarn. The boyfriend cardigan is great and looks so soft. I choose sports over any of the other garbage on t.v. now a days. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well all of my shows that I enjoy (definitely scripted and no reality), are on summer break, and Netflix doesn't always want to work in my room. I enjoy watching the sport so why not? And the cardigan is soft. I still want to rub my face against it.

      Delete
  5. I've never heard of a fish lips kiss heel before. Is it a short row heel? the sock looks lovely. I want to make a pair one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's categorized as a short row heel but it's really very simple once you get it. And yes! Make a stitch surfer. I would love to see how yours would turn out. The Knitabulls Podcast has a tutorial for the socks for the cast on, the surfing and the heel flap. Works very well if the written instructions are not clear enough.

      Delete