Sunday 9 August 2015

Missed Opportunities

I feel as if I had a missed opportunity and I really wish I had taken it.

I have the decent skill of singing and I enjoy it very much. I don't want to make my living at it, mind you but I do enjoy singing.  Unfortunately, I don't have as many opportunities as I did before.  Last night at my church, there was a Café Night, which contains musical performances, spoken word, dance, etc.  Someone asked me last night why I didn't sing.

My honest answer was no one had asked me. The thought never occurred to me to even ask if I could sing that night.  I had not actually had anything prepared.  I had a song in mind close to the end that I had done without accompaniment before but I also have the tendency not to always get the right key to start off on and generally it will end up being too high.

Despite all of that, I went home wishing that I had sung

No comments:

Post a Comment