Thursday 18 October 2012

So in this past week

I have quite a few WIPs going on. I started working again on my Annisette Cardi. I only managed to do 5 or 6 rows while at my knitting circle. There are 2 other ladies in the group who are making the sweater and they're still on the back piece. They're both excellent crocheters, whether the instructions are written out or charted. They even do well with written out patterns. But give them the charts and it's like they forget how to knit. I spent over an hour and a half writing out the pattern for them and explaining how the back panel goes together. One of the ladies had her 'Ah-a!' moment when she realized she could see what she was supposed to do by reading the previous row. This was also a major discovery for me as well when I was doing the back piece too. I never noticed it before because I usually knit in the round so there's no wrong side to worry about.

Before knitting circle, I was working on my Lissajous socks. I'm almost at the heel flap. I know when I make it there, it'll be done quick-quick! Then I'll be be working on the Bex, which I haven't touched in a week. I'll get there when I get there.

I picked up my Sock Blankie last night, which surprise. I haven't touched it in a month. I ended up adding 8 squares from last night until now. BTW, I like Wollmeise's colorway Masala. It's the on furthest on top to the left. So I need to hunt down a full skein of it. But not until next year.

I'm compiling a list of yarns I want to purchase as my birthday gift to myself. I guess that will be my next Paypal savings. And once April 6th hits (that's my birthday), I'll be shopping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment