Wednesday 10 October 2012

So much to catch up on!

I guess I can start with today, sitting at the kitchen table, trying to figure out why the US and Canadian post was being so slow! It reached 1:30 and I went back to the mailbox.

And there it was! My ChiaoGoo Twist interchangeable needle set arrived! I cannot wait in resume my Annisette Cardi! One of the ladies at my knitting circle has almost finished hers! She just had the neckline and button panels to do. I hope mine turns out as nicely as hers did. I also found my missing copy of the pattern that had all my notes on it. No more excuses!

On to the past week. I went to New Jersey and got to meet a lot of new family. I was surprised to find out that they are all craft loving people. Especially crocheting and knitting. I really need to start on on learning how to crochet next year.

I had planned to finish my Lissajous right sock while on vacation. Somehow, that idea didn't seem to make its way to my packing. I didn't pack enough yarn for it. So I generally put it aside and picked up my Pistachio green sock yarn from Sweet Georgia and casted on for the Bex. It is turning out so nicely. I just have to finish this second repeat and then another half and then the oh-so-boring heel flap. I'm pretty sure I should finish it well before the end of November.

Opinion of the Sweet Georgia Tough Love Sock Yarn: this yarn is excellent to knit with. Of course I'll have to reserve full judgement for after these socks are washed and worn. But so far, this will definitely a yarn I want to keep on hand for more socks. And they're Canadian too!

I have been requested to some family members to make some hats and scarves for the winter. Apparently, they don't mind acrylic yarn so off to Walmart I go again. I'm thinking of going with a charcoal grey for the guys and I'll have to see what's available for her.

I have an idea for her scarf but I'm still workings on it. I even checked out a stitch pattern book from the library. I need to get one of those books for myself.

Also...confession time. I just ordered a set of mini skeins...this is more money I have to save for for Cookie 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment