Friday 26 October 2012

The real update on the Lissajous

As you can clearly see, the stockings are done.  This is my model shot of them (thank you B1 for remembering to take the picture of them for me).  I only have 1 issue with them and I only realized the problem when I wore the socks for an extended period of time...they fall and don't stay up on me.  Maybe my calf is smaller than I thought?  I dunno...Please ignore the other socks and slippers in the picture.

My current WIPs to be done.  The travelling Monkey socks, the Bex and the Annisette Cardi. Don't you just love the method of organizing?  The box holds the current sock projects and the red bag (a gift from my old company) holds the bigger sweater project.  The blankie, not pictured, is being currently housed in a freezer sized Ziploc bag with the current mini skeins I'm working with.


The Monkeys I actually started on my way to New York for my cousin's wedding.  I really only meant for it to  be a bus project so there's really no rush on those ones.


The Bex are my current sock project.  I started those when I went to New Jersey at the beginning of this month.  They were actually my primary project while there but I didn't pick them up again until today and added a few more rows.  I would like to get those done before the end of November.

The Annisette Cardi I started in New York.  I had actually just gotten the shipment from Knit Picks with my Wool of the Andes yarn the day I was leaving.  I made sure I took out a couple balls of yarn, the interchangeable needles, the cable needle and a copy of the pattern.  The only thing that didn't survive was the needles.  Needless to say; I do not like the Nickel tips at all, or at least the 6US ones I got.  They kept coming untwisted but I was able to catch it before I lost my work.  The major problem is that they would bend in my hand as I worked which would only exacerbate the untwisting issue.  When I saw on Ravelry that ChiaoGoo would have a set of interchangeable needles, I was happy since I figured there's no way stainless steel would be bending in my hand.  Last time I checked I wasn't Supergirl or hit by Gamma Radiation.  I put aside the project and decided I wasn't going to touch it again until I got my Interchangeable set.  Now that I have them, I haven't really had the time to work on the Cardigan since I have been plugging away at my socks, almost non-stop.  I'm just not a fast knitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment