Saturday 24 May 2014

Year of Projects: Week 45


Hi everyone :) I'm not exactly sure if you'd call my week knitting productive but last week was definitely a good week.

I cast on my next pair of "travelling" socks; you know, something easy that doesn't require much concentration that you'll only knit at times such as bus rides. I am abysmal at knitting socks that way. I just knit what I feel like knitting when I have the time to knit and this time, it's the Slide socks by Cookie A. from her sock club in 2011, I think.  I wasn't apart of it then but the pattern intrigued me.

Yarn: Sweet Georgia CashLuxe
Colourway: Blood Orange

I don't know if I like the way this is turning out and I'm contemplating ripping it all put and doing it with a different yarn. The cashmere feels fabulous but I don't know what is up with my tension around he increases and decreases used to create the diagonal pattern. I may just redo everything with my Zen Yarns in the colourway Flamenco (another lovely reddish colour) that is merino and nylon only. Yeah...just decided all that while writing this update.

The Tree of Life socks are still sitting in their project bag, with no decernable change other than perhaps a find layer of dust.

On a more personal note, I got accepted into college (yay me!) for September. I just waiting to see how be financing goes. If well, for the next 3 years, minimum, I'll be a student...fun times...

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the college place and if your not happy with the sock always better to rip back and start again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I already ripped it out and ended up starting a completely new pair with a different yarn. I'm going to have to look for something really good to use for that Blood Orange yarn.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on being accepted! Love the colour of the yarn, but it might be a bit of soft/fuzzy/lofty choice for the pattern. Bet it feels great though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I love the colour and I'm wishing that it was also available in must a merino/nylon blend. It still feels wonderfully fuzzy.

      Delete
  3. I feel your pain regarding the old frogging of the sock--jumped in that pond myself this week. I have started my first Cookie A sock and so far I love it. Your yarn color is so pretty--hope your replacement yarn is just as gorgeous. Congrats on college! My son just completed a late season application himself, so now we wait. Financing is always the big question though, isn't it?
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! What socks did you start with?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the college! Love the color of that yarn but I agree....not happy....frog it. Life's too short....cut your losses is my theory....I need to start practicing that myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy to frog it for socks but so much harder for sweaters. I still have 2 on the needles and one of them is definitely not for keeping. One of these days, I'm just going to have to buckle down and do it.

      Delete