Tuesday 27 May 2014

I found my future knitting circle.

From last Friday...

I feel like I've had an amazing day. Last night, I realized that I wasn't working yesterday and I had choir practice at 6 in Hamilton. Thought to myself, I've wanted to go to that knitting circle at the Hamilton Central Library, why not head over early and go and I am so happy that I did.
 Isn't that a cool looking library?

I made it to the library and dreaded to 4 floor climb. I found the elevators and a lady with a pushcart made a mad dash to follow me into the elevator. I asked her if she was heading to the knitting circle, since she didn't request a floor. She introduced herself as Janice and directed me to where the circle meets.  I pulled up a seat, pulled out my knitting and went to work.

This circle is much bigger than the other 2 that I'm a part of. There were about 15 people there besides Janice and myself plus an additional 2 babies (which I will not count because they didn't knit or crochet but they sure were cute).

The leader of the group, named Marie-Ange, gave me an introduction to the group and mentioned her reasons for starting it and keeping it going through out the summer.  I was very impressed.  She also invited me to the Facebook group.  I met with another set of knitters, a mother/daughter combo, who was also named Janice and Heather.  We ended up staying an hour past the ending of the knitting circle just talking.

I love the fact that I have already found a knitting circle in the city that I want to live in, without living there yet.  I'm going to try to attend more often when  I'm off a Friday and I have practice as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment