Tuesday 20 May 2014

The Highs and Lows of the Day

Today has been a day of highs and lows...and it's only 1:30 in the afternoon.

I got up this morning, after an hour of hitting the snooze button on my phone, got dressed and ate a couple of frozen waffles.  I am not a fan of frozen waffles but since we don't currently own a waffle machine and I have no money to get fresh waffles, I had to make do.  I got on the bus and headed off to work.  I got to work, feeling good, watched tv in the backroom until my shift started.  I tried to punch in but the message popped onto the punch clock stating "Not scheduled".  I blink in confusion and double checked on the schedule for the week.  I came in for the shift that was for tomorrow.  Good thing I had a bus pass.  I got my vacation request sheets signed and headed home, to the dismay of my supervisor who wanted me to stay (unfortunately, it's not up to her if I do or not).

I went home, kind of upset but at least happy that I submitted the vacation request sheets.  I walked up to my house and saw a huge envelope sticking out of the mailbox with the logo for the school I had applied to.  There was also a smaller envelope from the same school.  I was already pretty sure that the smaller envelope was a rejection for a different program but I did take the advice of the school coucillor and applied for a program that could lead into what I really wanted to go to.  The big envelope contained the acceptance letter for the different program.  So hopefully in September, I'll be going to school, around the corner from my house.  And then we'll see about transitioning to what I really want to study.

No comments:

Post a Comment