Sunday 12 October 2014

I just felt like doing an update

...instead of getting ready for a wedding that I will be attending this afternoon but there's still plentry of time for that.

Life has been so busy for me.  I've got school which is kind of hard to get back into the mentality of attending.  I'm doing pretty well generally but I'm still having a hard time in my english class.

I've joined a bible quiz team at my church studying I Kings (22 chapters, lots of architechtural detail and important people who in my mind are not exactly the most important of people since they rarely get mentioned again in the book but Beniah the hitman makes it feel like Game of Thrones).

I just finished knitting for a Susan Claudino swap and it was sent off on Friday.  I hope my partner likes what I made her.  By this experience, I actually want to join other swaps but I think if I do, I'll keep them few and far between so I still have time for other things. 

I'm in the middle of test knitting a sock for Econnerd, which I am loving by the way.  I think I want to reknit it though because I have made so may mistakes of forgotten cables that it's really noticeable to me.  This is the first time I've wanted to redo a pattern just because of it.  I think I'll finish up the sock but leave enough so I can unravel it and do it again with the same yarn which I am loving by the way (Tanis Fiber Arts Purple Label in Julep).

And last night, I voluteered for another test pattern for HopeVickman. I immediately went through my left overs stash and started going though my blues and I couldn't find anything just right that I would have enough yarn of for the 6 colours requested in the pattern.  I then remembered two of my first forrays into dyeing yarn and yanked my burgandy-ish and orange yarn out of my stash and paired it with Knitpicks Stroll in Golden Glow and some of the left over I have from MissBabs Cosmic in Inkwell.  The look I was going for was a rising and setting sun.  I can't wait to do the pom-pom.  It's all packed up in my JessauLu bag.  I won't be able to get started on it until next week but I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment