Wednesday 29 October 2014

Is it Friday yet?

I am excited that it's almost the 31st of October.  Why?  Not anything due to Hallowe'en other than the cheap price of candy afterwards BUT it's the first clue of the Westknit's MKAL 2014.  I got up this morning and decided it was finally time to start winding my skeins for the project.  I made it through 1 skein.  My hand got tired and started to cramp but in my defence it was a 150g skein of Wollemeise of Twin in the Natural colourway.  After I finished that, I said "Forget it, I'll do the next one after work tonight."  Yup, I can do it while I watch the next episode of "Arrow".

Once I finish winding the skeins, I'll try to be pre-emptive and do a small swatch to see how well the colours go together.  I still have to finish the test knit but I have reached the gusset so I think I'm making good progress.  It doesn't need to be finished until November 7th but I want it done and out of the way so that I can work on the MKAL shawl with nothing else "due".

Now I've sat around here long enough waiting for a group project and I've got no more time to wait.  I'm off to the backroom of my workplace with no internet access to play my games and perhaps do some homework so I'll have free time tomorrow.  Till next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment