Tuesday 24 March 2015

My Knitting Week

So close to 2 FO's but I haven't finished them yet.

I currently have my Plain ol' Stripy socks on the needles that just need a heel in the second sock.  I'm pretty sure it's been 3 weeks since I did the 1st sock.  I pretty sure that as of now I just don't like doing afterthought heels.  I feel like I really have to finish these because having tbem on the needle for any longer is going to drive me up the wall.

The other pair of almost FO's are the Smokestack socks by Tanis Lavallé.  I'm on the foot right now and from past experience with the first foot, it shouldn't take me too long.

Casted On
So with all the other things I need to finish, please explain to me how I casted on another pair of socks?  These are not the April socks.  Those are still on top of my book shelf waiting for me to finish the Smokestack Socks.  No, this is from my stash that is supposed to be for next year.  I just wanted a pretty simple pair of socks to knit so I hemmed and hawed and pulled out my Desert Vista Dye Works sock yarn that I JUST got, paired it with some leftovers I have from Springtree Road (so sad that I don't have anymore skeins) and voila! Mona has a new pair of mindless knitting socks to travel with.  I am loving the colour combinations, although right now it looks like Christimas but by knitting with this skein of DVD just makes me want to get more!  I finally understand what the Apple Blossom and Ewe Podcasters were talking about.

New goal: buy more skeins!  And I don't care if I have to wait for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment