Thursday 19 March 2015

Well that didn't exactly work out as planned

I was excited when I got home to wind the yarn on my home made warping mat.  It was a fun try but I have to find a much betterway.  The mat was bending as I wrapped the yarn around the push pins.  The push pins were trying to pull out of the mat.  The yarn was trying to escape it's restraints.  When I had about 50% of it done, I said "Forget it!"  I tied acrylic yarn where I had marked for colour change, carefully removed what I had wound around the bending mat, went up to the kitchen with scizors and the remaining acrylic yarn.  With the help of my cousin, I stretched everything between 2 chairs and paced back and forth wrapping the yarn around the chairs.

Next part is to figure out how to make the right kind of purple.  I wanted to test out the mixing process for making a colour so I took out another skein and divided up into 25g skeins.  I'll try tonight with the mixing and see how it turns out for tomorrow.  I can't wait to see the results. If it works, I'll try it on the big skein afterwards hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment