Thursday 27 September 2012

Bex Preparation

In prep for my trip and the Bex sock, I started to cake my yarn. First of all, I found out why my skeins of Wollmeise wasn't caking properly. When I got the Wollmeise, I mounted my ball winder on my bookshelf for the first time. Previously, I had held the winder in hand. Didn't swing the arm properly (the part that's sort of like the eye of a needle). Once I did that, I probably could have caked the entire 100g skein, instead of the max 30g I was getting before.

It was going so well. And somehow, I'm about 3/4 of the way through, I have a tangled mess. It's not a knot yet but I had to put it down before it got worse. The caked half looks beautiful. It's enough to do a swatch and start the sock.

Now that I have to go on a plane, I have to concern myself with how safe it would be to carry knitting needles. I have a strong preference for my ChiaoGoo Red Lace Stainless Steel needles. I have no idea how well those travel with airport security and carry on luggage. I think just in case I'll put them in the suitcase, where they can't cause problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment