Sunday 30 December 2012

So I've been doing it wrong?

I have been having issues doing Judy's Magic Cast On since the first time I tried.  I thought it was because I was looking at Cat Bhordi's YouTube video and she used the two circular method, which means she knits into the top needle with the working yarn coming from the bottom.  Since I was on my computer tonight, I decided to look for a tutorial for JMCO for Magic Loop, only to find out everyone seems to knit into the top needle with the yarn coming from the bottom.  I have always been knitting into the bottom needle, with my working yarn coming from the top.  All the tutorials I'm seeing online are the opposite of me, which means I don't know how to do the cast on without the seem massively showing.  I am ready to hit my head against my desk.

I generally started learning how to knit in the round via DPNs which seem to be just like how I knit with magic loop.  I guess when knitting socks from the top down, it doesn't matter but when working for the toe-up, it seems odd.  I don't know if I'm ready to make modifications to the way I knit in the round just yet since in my opinion it looks like people are knitting inside out.  Maybe one day, I'll figure out a toe up cast on that fully works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment