Thursday 6 December 2012

I feel like I'm in a "Secret Society"

Today was the last class of my creative writing class. (You can read the finisher story here). During the break, I was talking to the teacher and found out she is a fellow knitter. Of course I ran back to my backpack and pulled out my Stitch Surfer socks to show her. Apparently she's has never attempted socks and was in awe of them. We started to talk about the cost of yarn and people over paying for a Coach acrylic scarf (seriously it was $100 for the thing on clearance and they wanted me to pay that much money for acrylic?)

She liked the idea of the cost of knitting vs paying for other forms of entertainment. We came to the conclusion that knitting is worth it. That whole conversation made showing up for the last class worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment