Tuesday 18 December 2012

Another sock to add to the list for 2013

I have loved The Tree of Life sock pattern since the first time I saw a picture of them. I went on a mad hunt to find the book the pattern was from since Ravelry didn't have the pattern available for purchase. The book wasn't available at Amazon.com when I was looking. Amazon.ca didn't even hear of the book. Same with Chapters-Indigo. KnitPicks.com had it and I had it in my cart. There was a 40% off book sale and when I was ready to purchase it, the book was nowhere to be found on the site. This was a lot of work for one sock pattern.

Don't ask me what made me start looking for the pattern tonight, but I looked on Ravelry again and lo and behold, the sock pattern is available for individual purchase :)

So the new plan, buy the pattern when there's money in my account. Buy a nice undyed skein or 2 of yarn. Dye the yarn myself, hopefully in a gradient. Enjoy knitting this pair of socks over the course of 2013 (pending the world survives past this week). I am excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment