Friday 21 December 2012

Books and yarns and dyes

I had said previously how I was going to purchase the Tree of Life pattern once I had the money...$6.50 for the pattern, according to Ravelry. I pressed the button to pay for it, only to find out it is not for sale (someone needs to update that pattern page). The good news is, it took me to the designer's website where she had the BOOK with the pattern (yes the book that I have hunted high and low for) for sale. I didn't even hesitate and purchased the book. It is now on its way to my house and I am grinning like a loon. Now I'll have a lot more options for colour work socks :D

I had also said that I was going to dye the skeins for this project but I kind of changed my mind. I had made an earlier order from Springtree Road for a skein of Muscadine sock yarn in Late Dusk (a deep blue, almost navy) and Kohl (an almost black colour that I have been eyeing since the first purchase I made from Springtree last year). The idea of a dark blue background and a red-orange-yellow for the foreground is very appealing. Th only problem is that Springtree doesn't have gradient yarns. I contacted the owner who was willing to send me an undyed skein so I could attempt to dye it myself. I hope I do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment