Monday 3 December 2012

Another one bites the dust...dun dun dun...

I have made it through the week with still no desktop access. I'm still surviving with just my net book and iPhone...however will I survive? LOL! I also haven't been able to finish the other hand o my Juniper Mitts since it was left in Hamilton and I wasn't there this week...sigh...

So this week, I worked on the Bex socks. I don't think I have that much further to go for the first sock. I still hope to be finished these socks by the end of the year.

I got my order from ACME Fibres last week and while I was attacking the box to get to my new stuff, I noticed my ball of Felici Yarn from Knitpicks in the colourway of Afternoon and then I remembered my skeins of Stroll fingering of the Midnight Heather. This was after I was looking online for yarn to buy to make the Stitch Surfer socks. I immediately cast them on, after I finally got the ACME box open (which contained 3 Hiya Hiya circular needles and an undyed skein of sock yarn). Keep in mind have only done cuff down socks and attempted toe up one time. I've got issue with doing this cast on and I think it's due to watching Cat Bhordi's YouTube video. While it is quite informative, I forgot to take into account that she was knitting with two circulars while I was doing magic loop, so where she had her stitches ready to knit after casting on and having it look like was a cuff down sock looks like after the Kitchener stitch, the toe of mine is inside out and I got an odd toe. Meh! I like the progress I've made so far so I will leave it as is.


I didn't really work much on any other knitting this week however when I was supposed to be updating the blog yesterday, I ended up dying yarn.  The final product turned out quite nice considering this was my first time.


No comments:

Post a Comment