Sunday 9 February 2014

Year of Projects: Week 33


No finished objects this week but it's not from lack of trying.


I have been trying to finish the Test socks and even though I've gotten an extension, it's still not done.  I think I'm going to lay off anymore test patterns for now. Maybe in a couple months, if there are anymore to do, I'll think about it.

Here's to hoping I can finish it by the end of today (Sunday).


I have been making wonderful progress on the Barndom Shawl. I've finally decided on that final third colour.  I just have to get to the store and see if they sell it.  I am hoping for another skein of Anzula Squishy in some kind of a redish-burgandy colour.  I'm hoping to have it finished by mid March, in time for the grand opening of the store however since this is a work-only knitting type of shawl and the hours have not been so plentiful, I don't know if that plan is going to work.

I need to start a KAL watch section.  I haven't made any progress on the mitten KAL that I'm doing but since the finishing date is not until mid March...or maybe March 2nd, I'm still good with my time as soon as I finish the Test sock.  The new KAL I want to be apart of is the Stitch Surfer KAL from the Knitbulls Podcast.  Dianne (the host) seems as if she knits nothing but Stitch Surfers and after watching many episodes of her podcasts, I have been wanting to make them myself.  This one goes for March 1st to March 31st.


My problem is coming up with what colour combinations to use.  I've managed to narrow it down to one of the previous 12 options...that's not so much to pick from, right?

8 comments:

  1. I've tried crafting on a deadline and that simply doesn't work for me. I'm super impressed by people who can do it and still enjoy the process. Those stitch surfer socks look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those Stitch Surfers are pretty awesome! Loving the shawl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, Intarsia in the round. Now that does sound interesting! I think one of the combinations that includes a variegated yarn! I'm leaning toward the bottom right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get your sock finished tonight. I love the combo in the top picture bottom left, red blue/purple and orange.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Test knitting and crocheting can get away from a crafter. Nearly did for me this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the test knit sock pattern and that Stitch Surfer pattern is wild!! I hope you have a wonderful week and get that yarn you need for your shawl.
    xxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm retired, so my "deadline" days are over...I commit to nothing and no one! LOL! I do like the sock though and your barndom shawl/scarf is awesome...love your colors for that one. I need to order some "supplies" for sure. Good luck with the color choices as that is the hardest part....but fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that oatmeal with the navy blue for your shawl. Great combination. I like the colorway too for that test sock.I so rebel against deadlines which is why I'm horrible at KALs and haven't done anymore test knitting.

    ReplyDelete