Sunday 26 January 2014

Year of Projects: Week 31


It was another wonder knitting week for me. I had a finished object and started 2 more.

The Flying Angels cowl is completed. I'm still not find of the colour but it turned out well.


It's a nice pattern but I'm thinking it would be a nice pattern for a head band.

I got another request for another test knit for Econnerd (she's really churning these out!). It's called ZigZag Ripple socks. I am absolutely loving this pattern!


There has been no extra progress on the Warm Woolen Mittens and I guess based on what gets done this week, with work happening and all.

I decided that I needed a "simple" knitting project for bus rides and breaks at work and I started a shawl... The Barndom by Stephen West. 


Don't the colours go together nicely? There is an option to add a third colour but I can't find one in my stash that will go with it nicely. I may need to add to my stash.


I still have quite a bit of additional rows before the next colour gets added but that's a worry for this up coming week once I cake the contrasting colour.

8 comments:

  1. Nice looking test knit socks!
    Shawls are always a perfect project to work on when commuting... I have one on the go too, for when I supply in York region at different schools.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hold on! York Region in Ontario? I used to live around there!

      Delete
  2. Wow, Barndom looks like an awesome pattern! And you've made a great start. Can't wait to see what third colour you choose :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adding to your stash is always an option!! Love the glimpse of sock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on finishing the cowl and the new test knit does indeed look awesome. I love Barndom and your colours are great together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The socks do look great and the cowl is a lovely pattern. The shawl is awesome. I love his patterns although I have never made one. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I admire that you consider a shawl a simple knit. I would tangle everything up and get lost! The colours do look great together :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the yellow you are using for the Barndom. The Flying Angels Cowl is really pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete