Thursday 22 July 2010

Drabble #007

Universe: Chronicles
Characters: Chelsea, Casey, Alexis

Chelsea turned her head towards her blaring cell phone and was certain that she had put it on vibrate the night before.
"Hello?" said Chelsea half asleep.
"Are you okay?" Chelsea immediately realised it was Alexis on the other line.
"Still asleep," she said.
"It's 1 o'clock in the afternoon!" said Alexis. "Why are you still asleep?"
"I don't know. I'm just tired," she said. "What's up?"
"Nothing, just checking up on you," said Alexis.
"You haven't done that since you got mad at me."
"I wasn't mad at you," said Alexis. "Frustrated but not mad."
"Same difference," said Chelsea. "I am ravenous. Wanna go for a late lunch?"
"I would need to know where you are in first place. I had called for you originally at your mom's house and she said you hadn't been home all night."
"Don't worry, I'm safe. You can pick me up at Casey's."
"Should you really be staying over night at his house? You know the whole 'living with a man' thing, the 'no sex before marriage' thing."
"Nothing is happening, Alexis. I just got tired and fell asleep," said Chelsea. "I'm getting up. Call me when you reach here."
"Fine," said Alexis with a growl and hung up the phone.
Chelsea stared at her cell as she saw the disconnected sign flash on her phone. "What's up with him?" she asked.
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

No comments:

Post a Comment