Thursday 22 July 2010

Drabble #010

Universe: WI
Characters: Garret Kirby-Devlin, Jake Devlin, Carmela Kirby

"Do I have to wear this stupid tie Jake?" asked Garret, fidgeting with the blue and black stripped tie around your neck.
"You're lucky I'm allowing you to wear jeans. When I was your age, I couldn't even wear jeans to school," said Jake as he adjusted Garret's tie and collar.
"We're just going to see my mom," complained Garrett. "I could come over in my pyjamas and she'd still be happy to see me."
"Just humour me and wear the tie," said Jake. Garrett sighed loudly and starred at his slumped reflection in the front mirror.
"Forgot to tell you that Ms. Francois called you," said Garrett. He saw the grin Jake was trying to hide.
Ever since Jake had taken him to get a hair cut, Garrett noticed that Jake has had that stupid grin on his face whenever he and Ms. Francois talked.
"Liz called? I'll call her back after we come back from dinner with your mom," said Jake.
"Or you could call her now and 'Liz' will know that pass on phone messages," said Garrett with a grin.
"Grab you coat and let's go," said Jake before he called for his driver to take both Garrett and him from Lower Winchester through Upper Winchester to the Farmer's District, stopping at Kirby Farms where Garrett grew up.
Garrett looked up at Jake and gave him a hug.
"Thanks dad," he said with a small smile, trying to accustom himself to calling Jake by that title.
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

No comments:

Post a Comment