Monday 26 July 2010

it's all fun and games, until someone looses an eye...

I never understood why she felt the need to come in an through the backdoor. But I always leave it open for her. She says she doesn’t need everyone to know her business. I always retort “It’s 11 o’clock at night in a farming area. Who’s going to be up to see you anyways?”

There was never much talking. Neither of us were there for conversation. What was the point when we were only interested in a bit of fun. SHe had a wicked imagination. The tings she could with her hands were amazing.

Sometimes it was fast, at other times, tantalizingly slow. We had a good few months together and as far as I knew, neither of us were looking for anyone new for now.

And then she called and cancelled on me three times in a row. After a month, she shows up at the farm.

“I went to see Dr. Pearson this morning,” said said nervously. She had never been nervous around me. “It’s probably not what you want or need to hear but I’m going to tell you anways.”

She looked up at me, with an unwavering brown gaze.

“I’m pregnant.”

No comments:

Post a Comment