Monday 26 November 2012

Another week's progress

Not much has happened this week. I did a few rows on the Bex socks and I started a quickie project.

I have wanted to knit fingerless gloves for as long as I've seen someone make it. I found a simple pattern on Ravelry and went about it. I was shocked with how quickly I finished I finished one hand. I showed it off with pride at church on Saturday and was immediately asked by people when they can get one.

I started on the second hand on Saturday night and only did a couple of pattern repeats. I thought I had packed it up in my things before I came back home only to realize this morning that I forgot either at my bestfriend's house, the trunk of her car or in the coat room at my church, which is not exactly local. Sigh...I guess it won't be finished as quickly as I liked. I was thinking of making matching sets of hats and scarves though.



On another note, at 2:48am, ridiculously early on Monday morning (or really late on Sunday night depending on your perspective), I finally got the opportunity to sign up for Cookie's Sock Club 2013. I can't wait until I get my first package in February next year!



I have been getting all of these amazing emails of wonderful Cyber Monday sales.  I even have a cart sitting at Webs waiting to be my first transaction.  Unfortunately, it's going to have to wait.  My desktop computer has been out of commission for the past 3 weeks.  I have one of my friends looking it over and I was informed that my motherboard has gone kaput! So my Cyber Monday sales won't be so Cyber when I have the money again.  The good news is that the stuff I wanted to purchase are for future projects so I can wait for them and try to finish my remaining project before the end of January.

Annisette Cardi - The Bex - wait a minute, that's it for on the needle projects not including the Blankie? Yes!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your computer! Love your fingerless gloves :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute glove - a matching set would be great. Hope your computer is fixed soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried fingerless gloves..they are on my list..computer problems are awful and I wish I new more about them..I'm amazed by people who understand them..

    ReplyDelete