Sunday 11 November 2012

One Week's Progress

I only worked on one project this week, the Annisette Cardi.  I finally finished the the left panel and I started on the right (or vice versa, I really can never keep them straight).  I couldn't even wait for all the pieces to be put together before I started seaming the back to the newly finished right/left panel.  I think it shouldn't make a difference as to what order the sweater gets seamed in so I'm hoping for the best.  I already messed up on the neckline, in addition to my other errors.

My wonderful seaming work

All the pieces together so far.

I still have to do the sleeves, collar and button panels.  I am actually really looking forward to it.

I'm already planning my next sweater, the Shapely Boyfriend.  I already already selected the yarn I wanted for the project.  It's sitting in the Webs cart, waiting for me to just hit the checkout (which will be done after the US Thanksgiving passes; seriously hoping that there's some kind of cyber monday sale going on).

This is the main colour that I wanted, Cascades 220 Superwash in Grey.

I wanted to add in a bit more colour, with a colour transition yarn.  I was hoping for something closer to Knitpicks Worsted Chroma but it doesn't come in superwash and it's single ply.  I don't think I'd like it for the sweater.  Instead, I picked Lorna's Laces Shephard Worsted in Black Purl.

I also want to add a skein of black to perhaps frame to second skein.  I'll see how everything will work once I do a swatch.

The other thing I'm planning on doing (I really like to plan, can't you tell?) is joining Cookie A's Sock Club 2013.  I am looking forward to it as well.

Other current projects still on the needles, The Bex socks (which hasn't been touched in a week), the Monkey Socks (which will probably not be touched for quite sometime) and the on-going Sock Blankie (this is like a 2 to 3 year project)


It's only half as wide as I want it to be so I've got a long way to go.  I think this week will be a Bex and Blankie week so hopefully a great amount of progress will be posted for these projects next week :D

10 comments:

  1. That's an inspiring set of projects, well done on planning ahead! The cardigans both look great and I love the sock blanket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! First if all, I adore your user name! We'll see how well the follow through will work on the future projects. Crossing my fingers

      Delete
  2. Love the look of your cardigan panels - bet it's going to be fabulous! I think you're wise to wait with the next big yarn purchase. There always seem to be good sales on Cyber Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had better be fabulous, especially since in my head, it already is :) I've only experienced Knitpicks' Cyber Monday sale once and I'm looking forward to seeing if Webs has anything this year for what I need.

      Delete
  3. Love your color choices for the next cardigan...I am just learning about sweater construction..but your panels look great to my eyes..I wouldn't recognize a mistake...Can't wait to see the finish...

    good idea to wait for cyber sales!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see them because I made them and somehow for my first sweater type project, the back is practically perfection. I set myself up...sigh

      Delete
  4. WOW, you've been busy and getting lots done. LoVE the mittered ghan...looks great.
    http://4ccccs.blogspot.com/2012/11/columbus-aruba-cleveland-and-back.html

    leaving the url since you don't have name and url as an option in your drop down box. Otherwise you go to the generic profile page and have to select which blog, then you have to find the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it :) it's the beginning of a multi-year project.

      I'm going to have to look into the web address thing and see if it can be an option for blogger

      Delete
  5. The cardigan is lovely, I love the cable detail on it, so pretty....but blown away by your sock blanket, I love the idea of these and the knowledge of what else was made with the same yarn (are you using scraps, I maybe am assuming wrong) it gives the blanket some history somehow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! The idea of the Blankie is to use the scraps left over from projects, which I have been doing. I have also been joining mini-skein destashes and petitioning some of my knitting friends who have sock yarn leftovers. I love being able to point to squares and telling people which pair of socks they came from.

      Delete