Sunday 4 November 2012

They'll have a new home

As previously established, the Bex socks don't fit the way I want them to. I let my best friend try on the WIP's. They actually fit her well. I took down the rest of her foot measurements an she'll be the proud owner of a pair of Bex socks in pistachio green. That also means I'll have to buy myself a supplemental skein of yarn to make up for my loss, and perhaps dry my tears.

I'm also making some progress on my Anisette Cardi, while watching Fiddler on the Roof. The back of the cardigan has been done for months now and I'm working on the front left panel. I'm excited to see this project done so I can wear it!



On another knitting topic, I purchased 2 skeins of Knitpicks Gloss fingering weight in Coast Grey. The intention was to knit a pair of socks, specifically, Cookie's Cubist Socks. And since I have looking into yarn to dye and was wanting to dye the same gloss yarn. Unfortunately, it doesn't work well for for socks. I had to come up with another project for it. In thinking of making a shawlette with it but I still have to decide what pattern to do.

5 comments:

  1. Too bad you can't make the Bex socks work for you. Sometimes those crisscrossing patterns just don't have enough stretch for me either. It's such a pretty colour yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be singing "matchmaker, matchmaker" all morning now! So sorry about the socks that didn't work out. Silver linings though, and as you say you can always look for comfort in a new ball of yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shame about the socks but at least they have another home to go to, and a great excuse for some new yarn isn't such a bad thing.

    Have a great week
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must be the season for grey cuz I'm seeing lots of lovely tones lately.. I can't watch tv and knit unless it's something easy like a stockinette stitch..I loose my place and can never figure out where I'm at again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cardigan looks great, I love the colour, and that yarn works really well with the pattern.

    ReplyDelete