Tuesday 9 November 2010

DAY NINE of NaNoWriMo: Encouragement?

Anyways, I printed out part 1 of Chapter 2, which worked out to be about 6 pages at 1.5 spacing (trying to leave room for editing later).  I came home, I wrote for 45 minutes and now I'm tired.  I've made it to 5075 words in total [let's see 1667 x 9 days is 15003...1/3 of the way to today's goal].  I wonder if I can do about 2000 a day and make it up?  That's almost where I was at today but at least the story feels like it's making progress.

I got an email from some one named Aimee at NaNoWriMo, and I actually ended up printing it up, putting it in the binder with my story, and enjoying the read.  It really is encouraging.  All about letting your mind be free and follow the tangents since you never know where they lead and it may end up being more interesting than setting out the path that you so rigidly laid out.

I'm done for the day, at least on the computer...wow I think this is the shortest entry.

Note:  I put up a drabble I did maybe last week Thursday here: Drabble #021.  It has absolutely nothing to do with the story I'm writing but this is one of my favorite couples from a saga I started when I was 14.  Now those original stories are something that need work.

No comments:

Post a Comment