Saturday 30 March 2013

Useful rambling

I am so forgetful. I made it all the way to Hamilton, sitting down at my church with an Iced Capp and a chocolate chunk cookie from Tim Hortons before I realized I forgot to pack the charger for my phone. My phone has been temperamental about charging since last summer, or so I thought. The USB cord that came with my phone will no longer barge my phone but a knock off from Walmart charges it. The problem is that the charger is literally falling apart and has a tendency to pull out of my phone. Luckily enough, a resident of "my Hamilton house" has this lovely green charger that I thought my phone would not like. Lo and behold it plugged in no problem and started to charge like my phone used to when I first got it. I asked and they said they got it from eBay. Of course this prompted me to start looking and I found it and entered the bid with 5 minutes until ending with no one else bidding and got it for a penny plus shipping. Good deal? Of course!

I'm still working on the Blankie today and I believe I will be working on it until the next sock pattern arrives. The Dark Isle socks can wait until I finish the next pair from the the club.

I've added 5 squares today. One of them is reminiscent of the Dark Isle socks with the same colour stripping (which only encourages me to create self stripping socks yarn in those colours). I loved it so much, I did another in Calends (from Springtree Road) and Thunderhead (from Knitpicks). I think I'm going to throw in more of these kinds of stripping as I go along.I would also like to figure out how to do other kinds of colour changes in a square like if I can find a way to get the raised seam a different colour. I was thinking of adding the colour from the wrong side on either side of the centre stitch so that when I do the double decrease, that will be where it shows. I'm going to try it out and see how it works. So far, it's a good idea in theory.

And as I work on this Blankie, I was thinking that I can also use as a colour sample of yarn that I would like to dye it, but on a much smaller scale than the current Blankie. I'll need to get a few skeins of sock yarn, divvy it up into 5gram skeins and start to do some dyeing and see where I end up with it.

Current absolute favourite square: the ode to my parents homeland - Jamaica.

Self stripping: it shouldn't be too hard o get it done. I think the hard part will be getting the navy blue which I purchased in that colour from Springtree Road...I'm loving Late Dusk.







No comments:

Post a Comment