Sunday 31 March 2013

She has proven herself knit worthy

Yuppers, my aunt is definitely on the approved knitting list. Last week I noticed a lone pair of socks hanging in the laundry room. When I examined them, I realized they were the Wanida socks I knit for my aunt last year. She washed them in delicate and hung them out to dry. I feel much better about giving her hand knit socks.

Since today is March 31st, I checked on the Koolaid dye group I. Ravelry to see what the challenge for April was.

April's challenge: dye and knit a project in a month.

While I do enjoy knitting socks, I already have 2 pairs of Cookie socks for the Sock Club to do in the next 2 months. Something tells me I wouldn't finish something in the allotted time. I had to think of something to knit on a much smaller and less complicated than socks. In comes T, who on Thursday showed me a pair of fingerless gloves that she had knit in a DK weight yarn. I loved how they looked and decided that I wanted to make them in a Tanis skein like she did. Guess what? While I do like Tanis, I am not Tanis therefore I need to dye it myself.

I don't actually own any DK weight yarn but after some searching and an email to Acme Fibres, I was able to purchase 2 skeins for my dye and knit project for April. True I won't be able to wear them until much later on this year but who cares?

And now, I will start playing the Quiver Podcast on my phone, sit back and continue to work on my Blankie.

Also, I'm still going to get the skein of DK weight Tanis, perhaps this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment