Thursday 17 October 2013

Hater-ation is high - Part II

I have been intrigued by a mystery pattern on Ravelry however, I don't like paying for something online and not at the very least being able to see what it's supposed to be like in the end.  It's not like you can return it if you don't like it.  I realized today that the Mystery Knit-a-long was finished and I could now see the finished product.

Let's just say it was an interesting finished product.  I'm happy that I didn't do it because I know I wouldn't wear it and no one around me would wear it either.  My mistake was that I decided to look at the commentary.

The commentary was shocking to say the least.  It was downright rude and disgusting at times.  I have become used to (sadly) this kind of commentary about sequels in a movie franchise, television shows and video games.

It's safe to assume that not everyone likes everything all the time but I have never understood the loathing that some people spew for things, especially for such an inconsequential matters.  Most of the time, these people are in the minority but are yelling the loudest.  Frankly in most spheres, it starts to tell me that their opinion no longer matters.  I'm pretty sure that I have reached to the point on certain forums that when I see So&So posting, I don't even read it and it is dismissed, even if they do have something valuable to say in that specific post.

It would be much better if people gave constructive criticism as to why they didn't like something it would make their opinion valid.  It shows that there is a reason and that they took the time to analyze what's in front of them and understand what it's about before determining that they don't like it. 

Thankfully there were others who had done the knit-a-long who came to the designers defence and kept me thinking that maybe not everyone in the world is insane and kindness still exists online.

Okay, my rant on these commenters are coming to an end.  Please people. just because you're on the internet doesn't mean that you shouldn't think before you type

No comments:

Post a Comment