Saturday 19 October 2013

Year of Projects: Week 17


No finished objects this week but that's okay. It was another busy week of travelling throughout Toronto. Again. And still no employment.

Anywho, I blocked a shawl for the first time this week and was able to finally give my mother the Earth and Sky Shawl.


I think her sisters were more excited about it than she was. Here's to hoping she doesn't just throw it in the washer and dryer or else no more scarf for her :(

Instead of the general finish for the Flip Top mittens I had wanted for this week, I casted on for the Daybreak shawl.


I have already decided to give this one away to the lady I consider my Hamilton mom. Besides, she is always looking for something to cover her shoulders with so a shawl should be perfect.

14 comments:

  1. Hope your mom enjoys the shawl and love the colours your using in Daybreak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh! The woman hasn't said much about it, so far but she can't say I didn't make her something.

      I really like the yarns for the Daybreak as well.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure she'll love the shawl, who wouldn't :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how the shawl colors stand out against your mum. I'm sure she'll treat it nicely. Maybe give her a small bottle of Eucalan as a reminder? The new shawl is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an excellent idea and do have a small bottle of it at home too

      Delete
  4. What a lovely gift for your Mom and the Daybreak is going to be pretty too. I wish you luck on finding a job...my prayers are with you as it is tough out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea to use coins as weights to photograph the shawl! I hope your mom takes care of the shawl. It's beautiful. So much for you not making things for other people. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to use something. It kept curling up which is definitely not useful for picture taking.

      As for the gift knitting; I have no idea what happened to my selfish knitting in the past couple of months. I still don't want to knit socks for anyone else though.

      Delete
  6. Oh I hope your Mom loves the shawl - maybe she was just surprised and didn't know how to react. Otherwise, no more for her! Daybreak looks lovely. Good luck on the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already loved the Earth and Sky Shawl, but after blocking it looks even more beautiful! I'm sure your mom loves it too! And you're so sweet deciding to gift your Daybreak Shawl to your Hamilton mom, it sounds like a perfect gift for her. Good luck with job hunting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just starting to understand the beauty of a blocked shawl. I don't know how blown my mind will be for a lace one.

      I think I'm going to be very happy to gift the Daybreak shawl to her.

      Delete
  8. Daybreak is already looking great and I am sure they will both really enjoy their gifts :-)

    ReplyDelete