Friday 18 October 2013

Inspiration can hit from anywhere

I had another job interview today and because was almost downtown, I went back to The Purple Purl to go and see what they had for carrying knitting projects.


While I was there perusing the merchandise, I noticed the sweater of one of the ladies who worked there. Remember me and the want for a boat neck sweater? She was wearing one and it was knitted and since I was in a knitting store, I had to ask "Did you knit your sweater or did you buy it?" 


With a smile on her face, she directed me to Ravelry and even showed me the fingering weight yarn she used (a dark blue yarn from Spüd and Chloe). It's called Folded by VeeraVälimäki.  I loved the pattern and immediately determined that it would work nicely for the Chris Grey Tanis yarn I wanted to knit with.

However, as I was walking down the street to the bus stop and started looking at the shawl I was knitting, I remembered that I was already using grey.  And that Shapely Boyfriend cardigan that still isn't finished?  That's grey too.  And a good amount of dresses and skirts and store bought cover up, they're grey.  I love the colour but I think I may need to start hunting down another colour to knit this in.  And perhaps if I like the pattern enough, go back and knit another one in Chris Grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment