Thursday 10 October 2013

Nostalgia is amazing

I am currently standing inside an Old Navy, waiting to participate in a job fair.

Now here's the history. I worked for this company for 6 years already (2001-2007). I loved working there but where I was, there were no opportunities for full time. I got a full time job, with benefits and a higher pay. So I left.

But here I am again, hoping to get hired again. They brought back the bouncy balls for $0.25. I made sure to buy two to bring back for cousin B2 who would always insist on getting one every time she came to visit her Old Navy family (aka: the mannequins).

I started feeling the urge to colour block and size the shelves and racks.  Their interview process was different...or at least different from the last time.  They actually made it fun, as opposed to just sitting in a back room on fold out chairs.  I was out of there by 3pm. 

I treated myself to a kids cone of ice cream from Baskin Robins (Gold Medal Ribbon is the favourite by far) and got on another street car.  Yarn store or Kensington Market? Yarn Store won again.  This time I went to Romni Wools and picked up the circular needles I was looking for; 4US, 47" from Knitters Pride.  I now have a dedicated circular needles for my shawls.

I was also contemplating purchasing the Karbonz DPNs as well but at $18+ a set, it was not for me, or at least not right now.  I went looking through their fingering weight yarn.  I will definitely be going back there again.  It's like a nice looking yarn warehouse so there was bound to be yarn that The Purple Purl doesn't carry.  I saw this one that looks like it has some really long colour transitions that seems like it would do very well in for colour work.

One thing I know right now, if I get a job in Downtown Toronto, I will never be able to come back home with money.  I'll be at either The Purple Purl or Romni Wools all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment