Friday 25 October 2013

Is it considered bad form?

I have had the Bex socks on the needles for the past year. I finally picked it up this week, determined to make some progress on it. Someone had suggested to weigh the finished sock to see if I had enough to finish the second sock. Alas, I did not. So my question was if it would be bad form to just salvage the yarn and knit the socks in a different yarn.  Keep in mind these socks are for someone else (from before my pledge of not knitting socks for other people who's foot size was not mine).

I discussed it with the recipient and they were okay with getting a different pair of socks. Bonus as far as I'm concerned. I still don't know what yarn I'm going to use yet.

With yesterday's issue of how to finish the Flip Top mittens, I made another trip to the Handknit Yarn Studios (I love that place). The main goal was to get blocking needles and/or wires. There were none to be found since their supplier is out of stock :*( and since I was in a yarn shop, I had to look around at the merchandise.


I ended up getting the required DPNs, a new skein of yarn (which was kindly caked for me) and my first Elizabeth Zimmerman book.

I am excited for this book for 2 reasons: 1) the pi shawl - I saw a knit-a-long for it and it intrigued me
2) the basic sweater construction


The yarn is from Anzula Luxury Fibers Squishy in the Ducky colourway. It's my second skein skein from this dyer. This one is destined to be socks, I think the Circe pattern for the sock club, for me of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment