Sunday 6 October 2013

Year of Projects: Week 15


Guess what?  I can finally use this again!


I finally finished the Ladder to the Sky Socks and I still have a good amount of the yarn left over.  I'll weigh it tomorrow and see what can be done with the remains.  I'm feeling a quick stint on the Blankie is in order.


So that's one FO.  I have another one as well for this week.  I finished the birthday gifts for my brother RJ.  I don't have a picture of him wearing them yet since I kinda threw it in the car after he got out of it without his knowledge and I think his mother hid it even further in the car so he doesn't open it until his birthday on Friday.






So that's two FO's (and three in the last 2 weeks).  I have been working diligently on the Earth and Sky Shawl and I am still loving it.  I was debating on Friday what size to do.  I finally decided on the small and that means I have just a few more rows to do and then block the darn thing.  I have never blocked anything other than socks and that's rare as it is.  It should be finished this week.


I am still loving the colour choice and as much as I say I want to make another once, I want to do another Stephen West shawl pattern soon.  I think I had Chadwick next on my list.  I just have to actually acquire the pattern and I'm sure I have enough yarn in my stash, starting with the new skein I got for the sock club.  I've already determined it's not going towards socks.



20 comments:

  1. i love your FO's! Congratulations! That yarn is pretty awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still debating what project to do with it. I'm thinking the Chadwick Shawl. I just got to find a nice colour to match with it.

      Delete
  2. Love the colors in the hat! Great shawl! I'm going to be making Stephen's Creekbed scarf soon and possibly one of the shawls..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not noticed the Creekbed pattern yet. Time to go and stalk his designs yet again.

      Delete
  3. I love those socks.....so pretty, some great finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Ladder to the Sky socks are awesome! There are tons of things to do with leftover sock yarn. I usually do baby socks, stripes, or colourwork :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My left over sock yarn will already have a home; the sock yarn Blankie. Some of the yarn has already moved it :D

      Delete
  5. All your items are looking great :) Very curious about that shawl, but I've told myself to not start any new shawls until I'm finished with my two on the go.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having a hard enough time listening to myself. Me not listening to my previously agreed agreements with myself is what became the Earth and Sky Shawl. I already have another shawl lined up.

      Delete
  6. They are all looking lovely! Love the colour of the socks and I bet your brother will love the scarf and hat. The earth and sky shawl is great and so nearly finished :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to call him on Friday just to see if he likes his gift.

      Delete
  7. I really like how the socks turned out and how yoru brother's hat came out. They look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You're definitely on a roll! The socks are darling and so feminine. Your brother is going to love the hat and you did such a great job. You're very talented! The shawl is lovely and I can't wait to see the next one in that lovely yarn you've got there! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing my best to keep the ball rolling with the finished products. That new yarn from the club does have an assigned shawl now BUT I'm not doing that shawl yet, since I don't have an accompany yarn yet or the pattern.

      Delete
  9. Wow! Look at you go! I can't believe how fast you got that shawl done--just in time for Fall wearing. Your brother is a lucky guy-hope you get a chance to snap some photos of him wearing your lovely gift.
    I have yet to do a first pair of socks--so can't even imagine 26 in a year!
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when you cast on a project and you become so obsessed with it. Before you even realize it, you're done! Happened with the Newton socks earlier this year as well; 10 days from cast on to feet.

      I'm going to have to remember to ask him to take a picture of him wearing his gift or bring it with him on Friday evening so I can see him wearing it.

      Delete
  10. Love the finished socks and presents they are wonderful! Earth and Sky is looking great and the blocking of a shawl makes it and once you do it once you'll not look back. Looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess this means I should invest in blocking mats and pins.

      Delete