Thursday 24 October 2013

I so wanted to but I couldn't

I am making wonderful progress on the Daybreak Shawl. I think I'm getting close to the end.


Of course I want to make another one, like all of my recent projects.  I did notice a mistake I made a few rows back. The line went off centre but I'm hoping that no one will really notice it unless they're looking closely.


I had the opportunity to go back home yesterday and exchange some clothes plus pick up some extra knitting. I decided on the flip top mittens, the Bex socks and the Shapely Boyfriend cardigan. I also wanted to bring the yarn for the Chadwick and get started on it. Much to my dismay, one of the skeins was not caked so there was no point of taking it with me since I didn't have time to cake it and there was no swift where I am right now.

I want to have another FO for this weekend so I'm going to continue to work on th Daybreak Shawl and watching Little House on the Prarie. 

I also decided to continue working on the Flip Top mittens. As much as I wanted those done before Sunday, I forgot to check my directions before I left my house. To do the flip top portion of the flip top mittens, a smaller size of DPNs are required. The only needles I currently have with me are the ones on projects and none of them are the correct size. This may warrant another trip to Handknit Yarn Studios since I am in the area.


I am happy though that these are almost done. I've had them on the needles since April.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice projects. I love the flip-top mittens and I especially love the colors of Your Daybreak.

    ReplyDelete