Tuesday 8 October 2013

It felt wonderful

Yesterday, I was happy. I got a check in the mail and I didn't feel so broke. I was able to catch up with some bills. It worked out even better for today. I had a second interview with a company I am excited to work for. The interview went well and if I get hired, I'd start in just under 2 weeks.

After the interview, I ate lunch and then got on the street car. For me, getting on the street car in Toronto only leads to 2 possible places; Kensington Market off of Spadina (I used to go there every Thursday with my mom as a kid) or a trip to a yarn store. Today, it led me The Purple Purl. I love this LYS. It's quaint and as far as I'm concerned, it caters to my pickiness.

I went in for circular needles and a skein of yarn. They didn't have the circular needles in the length I needed BUT of course they had the yarn. I left with 2 skeins.

Tanis Fiber Arts Blue in Chris Grey

Turtlepurl Yarns Striped Turtle Toes in Dream Room

I've already used Tanis before and I love it, especially the colour choices.  I have never even heard of Turtlepurl Yarns however they had a basket of knitted swatches and I immediately was intrigued. I was already imagining colourful stripped socks but these skeins already have a destination.

I could not decide which book I was going to get by Stephen West and I was unwilling to purchase the Chadwick if I was going to later purchase the book. So I ended up downloading the Daybreak Shawl (subtly influenced by The Purple Purl hosting a KAL for it and being far to late to start and finish by October 15th). That is what I purchased these skeins for.


I would like to finish a couple of projects before I start it though.

2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty stripping yarn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. It reminds me of Felici by Knitpicks but with thinner stripes and Canadian which is always a bonus for me.

      Delete