Thursday 21 February 2013

It is finished!

I couldn't stay up last night to finish the toe of the Newtons. I picked them up first thing this morning and finished it up in no time flat. I put them on my sock blockers, took a few pictures and sent them to be washed. They are currently drying right now and look lovely. I can't wait to wear them.


I caked the the Julep sock yarn from Springtree Road, printed off the pattern for the Ernie and casted on. I've read that others say the Ernie pattern is easier; or more like easier to memorize and I think in time it will be. It's only an 8 row repeat as opposed to the Newton pattern which is 24. It's coming along nicely.


Since I've been working again with DPNs, I have been wanting to purchase more but I have requirements:
1) no metal or plastic
2) no bamboo
3) 5" long

Right now, that's leaving me with either the Harmony needles or or something else. I've been looking at the Dyak needles. Right now, the only thing I'm not liking is that wait time. Four to six months? I guess I could do it like an investment and get them in the mail, forgetting that I even ordered them.





No comments:

Post a Comment