Thursday 7 February 2013

Snow and dye and cookies

I'm hunkering down in the house in preparation of (apparently) the biggest snow storm to hit Toronto in the past 5 years. I'm planning on spending my extra time knitting.

The plan for tonight is to attempt my MaddieTosh dye-along skein. I'm still wanting to try the grapefruit look alike. I have an idea as to how I'll do it but I haven't used food colouring before.

I was happy when I reached home and found my first skein of Cookie A's Sock Club 2013. What I found interesting is that the yarn is by Indigodragonfly, a Canadian Indie Dyer that I already own a skein of, left Canada, went to California and back to Canada just for me. I haven't gotten the patterns as of yet but it was said that it will come on the 11th (Monday).

So I shall stare at my skein in all it's loveliness until I either get the pattern or the swift (hopefully it comes tomorrow or else I'll have to unskein it by hand. That just takes more time than I want.

Off to dye!



No comments:

Post a Comment