Monday 11 February 2013

Tis All Here

I woke up this morning and checked my email, waiting for notification that I got my first pattern for the Cookie's Sock Club. At 7:30 in the morning, it wasn't there. And then I thought to myself, "what the heck? She's in California and that's 3 hours behind me. Should I really expect for her to be up at 4:30 in morning just to make a pattern available?"

Just before noon, I get the notification that the pattern is available. I don't know why I was so giddy. I couldn't print the pattern to really go over it. I couldn't cast on since I didn't bring any needles or the skein with me and I still couldn't cake the yarn until I got home. The only remaining question was if I had to use child labour to do it.

Little cousin B2 was lucky today because when I got home, there was my swift. I immediately set it up and caked the yarn, ran downstairs and printed the relevant parts for the pattern. I came back up and went through my collection of needles and wondered where all of my smaller sized 1.5US needles went to.

I finally had everything ready to go. I decided to do the Newton Socks which is the more lace based design. I casted on my 1.5 US Kollage Square needles. I hated it. Once I finished one row and realized I couldn't locate a set o 1.5 US needles that was free to use, I actually pulled out my Harmony DPNs. I'm almost finished the cuff and I'm liking the progress I'm making. If I continue at this rate, the first sock would be done in a week. But keep in mind, I haven't reached the heel flap and that is what slows me down.



No comments:

Post a Comment