Thursday 26 September 2013

I need to become a professional test knitter

While poking around on the Ravelry forums, I found a user. name Jettshin, who has a ton of projects.  While scrolling through her projects (which are gorgeous by the way), I realized most of them are test knits.  One thing I have learned from my one stint as a test knitter, you are guranteed to get the pattern for free, even if it goes on sale once the test is completed.  I was happy with the test for Ladder to the Sky (now available for $6 on Ravelry).

So why not become a test knitter for a more variety of projects?  Just a few reasons right now.
  • too many WIPs currently
  • I don't have enough stash yarn
  • I don't have the money to buy the yarn for these projects, especially something like a sweater
  • I don't think I can finish a project in the time allotment they provide - but this is something that can be taken care of by actually finishing my many other projects so I won't be pulled in so many directions.

I hope to eventually get around to her status.  She has been booked for test knitting from January 2013 until November.

So some new goals to attain:
  • finish up some more WIPs so I can free up some needles and time (working on this one)
  • get more stash yarn
  • get an income (PRIORITY! I miss being able to buy yarn :( )
  • find a good LYS because waiting for the yarn for a time sensitive project to arrive in the mail will cut into the potential knitting time (working on this one)

No comments:

Post a Comment