Wednesday 18 September 2013

What? Sock yarn isn't only for socks?

I have attempted to make a shawl before.  I didn't like it.  I frogged it twice and gave up on it.  Enter the Hitchhiker Shawl.  I am loving it and wanting to make another one for myself.  That's all fine and good until I stumbled across another shawl that I am now desperate to do.   It's called "Earth and Sky Shawl" by Stephen West.

 

I think it's the colour blocking that does it for me.  I adore this kind of colour work.  I'm hemming and hawing over purchasing it since it doesn't seem to exist in a book that I can borrow from a library...and unfortunately, the library doesn't have knitting ebooks to borrow.  How I wish those existed.

I'm looking through my stash and seeing what kind of yarn I have to do this with so I don't have to buy any yarn for it.  I have a 50g burgandy sock yarn and another 50g orange yarn, both of which I've dyed myself that can be used.  I'm pretty sure I can find a 100g sock yarn in a solid colour that has not been claimed yet.

Unfortunately, funds are telling me that I am not going to be able to do the Cookie A's Sock Club 2014, like I want to and there's no option just to get the patterns as far as I can see so I'm going to have to sit this one out. Believe me when I say there's a huge frowny face on my face.  I haven't quite worked out how I'll do the 26 pair plunge but when I think about it I have quite a lot of sock patterns that are in my possession that I haven't touched yet so I should still be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment