Sunday 1 September 2013

Year of Projects: Week 10


Finally made it to the double digits.  No finished projects this week :( but that's okay.  I actually casted on for 2 new projects.

First of all, I'm finally doing the Long Promised Scarf, for my brother RJ.  And thanks to last week's update from Sandra (aka: Saminar on Ravelry), I chose to knit the Irish Hiking Scarf for him, as well as the matching hat that I found while looking for the pattern on Ravelry.


The scarf is further along right now but this is the last picture I took of it.  Luckily for me, I didn't even have to pull out my interchangeable needles.  I was able to find 2 sets fixed circulars, both in an 8US and one is a 16" which is perfect to knit with for his hat.

Also casted on this week is another pair of socks.  I'm doing a test pattern for Karen (aka: Econnerd on Ravelry).  I am actually really liking the pattern so far.  I'm still on the leg though and working my way down.  And Karen, if you're reading this, is it okay to show progress pictures of it?

I have not knit much else.  I did finish the 3 row for the Blankie.  Yay.  I'm still working on the foot for the shortened Istanbul socks.  I'm spending time looking through everyone else's finished socks and suddenly wishing I had more needles and yarn to knit more socks...or else knit as quickly as The Flash would, if he would knit.  That, and 'ga-ga'ing over the information on the Sims 4.  Not going to get started on that or else the whole point of this entry would be shot.

17 comments:

  1. Hiking scarf really is a great looking pattern and I'm glad I get to admire it on another blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! And I also realized, I have a pair of socks that almost match.

      Delete
  2. Very handsome start to your scarf! Aren't you a loving sister to cable an entire scarf for your brother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! I am and he better appreciate it! LOL!

      Delete
  3. The scarf is looking great and well done on finding the matching hat :-) Your brother will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'll be! We have KAL going! LOL! I love yours and the color and I too am going to make the matching hat if my hands can handle this Super Bulky yarn. I never realized why I wold want more than one set of needles in a size but I do now!!!!!
    I want to cast on more socks too! And I haven't even finished the last pair. Is that like a virus that I picked up from all of you? LOL! Great looking scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY for KALs! The colour I'm using is called Tidepool. Super Bulky? I'm using worsted. I don't think I've ever knit with anything thicker than that.

      I'm not saying knitting socks is like a virus or not...but I do have a bunch myself that need to be finished.

      Delete
  5. I never tire of the look of cables. Great job so far here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither! I used to think they were so difficult and I couldn't even understand them when I watched videos on youtube until I went to a class and within 5 minutes, I got it. It still looks wonderful when it gets going.

      Delete
  6. I love cables. It's going to be a lovely scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm half tempted to knit one for myself...but let's not get too crazy with the projects.

      Delete
  7. I saw that hat on someone else's blog and I think it is a simply lovely pattern. Cables have a way to keep knitting interesting, huh? You have a lot going on and I am looking forward to seeing lots of finished objects form you!
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  8. The scarf looks great, it's perfect for a man's gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh...yeah he's getting there. Almost a teenager. Nice to know he can wear them and still be manly in the years to come.

      Delete