Wednesday 4 September 2013

Ummm...are you sure this is fingering weight?

Even though last Friday I said I would try to dwindle my projects down to 3, somehow another set of needles and a skein of yarn came out and I started knitting the Hitchhiker scarf. [bangs head on soft surface yet again]

I'm not feeling completely bad though since it is a mindless knitting project and I did make a lot of progress on the test sock pattern in the past week.

The problem lies in the yarn I'm using. I purchased 2 skeins of Knitpicks Gloss yarn in Coastal Grey over a year ago in the hopes of knitting socks with it. I read the reviews on Ravelry and was informed that I should not use it for sock yarn. Plan fail. I think a shawlette would be a good project for it and the hitchhiker is a shawlette, so why not? But I have so much grey. I should add some colour. I pulled out a couple of 50g skeins I had dyed to use with it only to realize the Gloss is a lot thicker.

I'm going to have to go through my left over stash and browse for some of my thicker fingering weight and see what comes up.

So I did go through my stash but I didn't necessarily choose a leftover. I had purchased a skein of Knitpicks Chroma in Midwinter and I had reclaimed the yarn from an attempted colourwork project.  I am loving the results so far.


You can also see I am attempting the picture taking technique with what I have on hand. Unfortunately, Paintshop Pro/Photoshop are no longer in my computer and I can't get it replaced as of yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment